The excuses haven't started yet. But for when they do, I propose: the Ameren Drinking Game.
- When Ameren says that the storm is "the worst in a long time," take a drink.
- When Ameren says that they're doing everything they can to fix things, take a drink.
- When Ameren says that this is not the time to ask why the outage happened, because they're too busy responding to the emergency, take two drinks.
- When Ameren says how many states they've brought in linemen from to do repairs, take that many sips.
- When they say that nobody could have foreseen this outage, drain your glass and refill it.